For many years now, Fenton Athletic Association has successfully provided the youth of our area with recreational baseball, softball, soccer and football programs that emphasize sportsmanlike competition. We have encouraged family participation for all involved.
As a parent, you are being asked to sign an agreement to encourage sportsmanlike conduct and competition. Most children learn by example, therefore, you must be even more aware of the importance of setting a good example. The committee members realize that the peer pressures facing our young people today is of great magnitude. Because of these pressures, and the desire to give our children an opportunity to experience the joy of competition as a winner and loser, we have adopted the following Code of Conduct to be adhered to by each of you.
- I will provide positive support, care and encouragement for my child
- I will respect the managers/coaches, other players and officials at all times and I will ask my child to do the same.
- By demonstrating positive support, I will encourage good sportsmanship toward coaches, players and officials at all times.
- I will support coaches and encourage my child to follow the directions of his/her coach(s).
- I will encourage my child to attend practices and games
- I understand that these games are for my child, not me. Therefore, I will put my child’s well being ahead of my personal desire to win.
- I will respect the officials of the game and rulings they make. I will not verbally abuse or question any official about rulings he/she has made. I will speak in a positive manner about the game officiating, both during and after the game. I will willingly give my name to an official if asked.
- I will follow the park rules and ensure that my child follows them also. I understand that these rules are enforced for safety reasons.
We hope that by developing the CODE OF CONDUCT, you will understand what FAA expects from you as a parent. FAA is dedicated to offering the young people of the area a place where they can participate in good, clean fun. We want FAA to be a place where they can be themselves and grow mentally and physically without the pressure of being more than they are able to be, yet better themselves.
CONDUCT RULES AND PENALTIES FOR DISCIPLINARY ACTION FOR BASEBALL/SOFTBALL ARE AS FOLLOWS:
All that is dishonorable, unsportsmanlike is condemned. The use of intoxicants in any form or profane language by players, managers and coaches is prohibited before and during the game.
The manager of a team is responsible for the conduct of his/her spectators. If a spectator displays unsportsmanlike conduct, the umpire shall warn the manager or coach of the offending team that if the offensive behavior continues, the manager or coach in charge will be ejected. If the person in charge attempts to establish control of the situation but is unsuccessful, they will not be ejected. If a spectator is ejected and refuses to leave or argues their removal, the game will be suspended and a Field Rep must be notified. If the spectator refuses to leave, the game will be forfeited.
ANY EJECTIONS OF A MANAGER, COACH, OR PLAYER FOR UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE FIELD REPRESENTATIVE. EJECTED MANAGER, COACH, OR PLAYER WILL BE SUSPENDED FROM THEIR TEAM’S NEXT GAME. EJECTED MANAGER OR COACH MUST GO TO THE PAVILION FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE GAME.
2ND EJECTION…………………2 GAME SUSPENSION
3RD EJECTION…………………CONSEQUENCES WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE BASEBALL/SOFTBALL COMMITTEE.
IN THE EVENT A MANAGER/COACH/PLAYER/SPECTATOR HAS ANY MALICIOUS, PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH AN OFFICIAL DURING OR AFTER A GAME THEY WILL BE PERMANENTLY BANNED FROM PARTICIPATING IN ANY ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH FENTON ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION BASEBALL/SOFTBALL PROGRAM. IF THE VIOLATOR IS AN ADULT, ALL OF THEIR IMMEDIATE FAMILY WILL ALSO BE BANNED FROM FENTON ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION BASEBALL/ SOFTBALL ACTIVITIES.